Twenty Nine Months


Is he handsome or what?! My Diego is a ♥ tender-hearted ♥ little boy. He is iron-willed, able-bodied, mighty for his size, solid, and strong...but, boy, does his feelings get hurt easily. Sometimes he has a bad morning, or afternoon...or night, even. During those moments, whatever is said to him has to carry an extra weight of love with it. If not, his lips curl downwars and he starts to cry. Even if it's me simply telling him, "Diego, can you pick teddy up off the floor, please." No kidding. He's cried over something as simple as that before. Then come the hugs and the kisses, and soft-spoken words of love. Ay my Eebie. What a mix: Hard on the outside and soft on the inside. I wouldn't have it any other way.

On another note, I can't believe it's March and August will be here before I know it. It's not just that he will be 3 in August, but also school will be right around the corner. I had entertained the thought of homeschooling him, but after watching him in my class at church, I have faced the truth that he would do so much better learning alongside other children. Whatever is best for him is what I'll do. Church by the Glades is an excellent church with a great school, and I'm excited for him to start going there.

No comments: