Yet Another Year

I can't believe a year has already gone by. I haven't done much of a job on this blog during, either. Wow! Well, this year, for kindergarten, I will be tackling homeschooling. Yes, I have been called crazy. It really does amuse me - the reaction and the feedback I get from others. I'm usually met with a kind of negative undertone to the "good luck with that" comments. I expected it, though I still think they are closed-minded and negative. Homeschooling is not like it used to be. More and more educational websites will have an option for homeschoolers. There are far more resources available these days; more playgroups geared toward homeschoolers, more support groups, co-ops, spelling bees, even prom for the older kids. There are sports groups, musical groups, and the list goes on. Homeschooling is no longer unheard of.

Either way, the bottom line is this: Diego is our child. And this is our decision to make. Period. We have prayed about this and before my husband and I spoke about homeschooling it was already laid upon our hearts to do it - there was hardly a discussion - we were already on the same page!

I am, and have been, looking forward to starting our curriculum. My 4yo is just as excited, which is even more of an impetus for me to do far beyond just a great job. I am also excited to meet the homeschool playgroup down in Hollywood every week, and also the support group at Calvary Chapel. It's going to be an awesome experience being around like-minded moms (and dads, as I see more dads are getting involved in the homeschool experience) and being able to learn from their journey: their mistakes, their triumphs, and everything in between.


Thank you, heavenly Father, for giving me this wonderful opportunity. Your blessings are abundant.

No comments: